We aren’t the only voice out there discussing the details of how to pay for private school. Here are some great reads to help you consider the options and the trade offs:
Broad Brush Tips
- Paying for private school – 7 options (big picture ideas to get you started)
- 8 tips for fitting private school in the family budget
- A game plan for parents (Learn about vouchers!)
- Elementary school funding aid
Real Life Inspiring Stories
- How to afford private school on a budget (real life story of how parents send their two children to school – great inspirational read)
- How were putting two kids through private school on one salary. (they show you how its done -go Ruth and family!)
Frank discussion of the trade offs
- Can middle class parents afford private school (a candid examination of a real life scenerio)
- Why I am a public school teacher but a private school parent (must read)
- My experience in public school was better than private school
- My private school experience as a black liberal
- The DC School Hub provides tips and list on the details for applying for and getting into private schools. Check out their blog – the heads of school admissions often post there.
- What motivates parents to pay for private school?
Have a link that you think will help parents and students? Post a comment so we can include it!